It was on 21st August, 2016 when doctors pronounced the pass on of my beloved dad after two months of hospitalisation.. Stomach sarcoma had deprived us a true meaning of a hero..Dear friends my dad had unshaken faith that he will be well and join us home, as a believer though painful i continue the process of healing and promising to pass on the Knowledge and be an advocate of healthy living.
DID YOU KNOW YOU ARE AT RISK OF DEVELOPING STOMACH CANCER IF YOU;
- Smoke or consume alcohol excessively
- Come from a family that has an history of stomach cancer.. The DNA mutations (defects) turn off tumor suppressor genes this is passed through a family lineage
- Poor eating habits of foods rich in spices, junk food and processed foods that are high in oils, fats and unnecessary chemicals theynweaken the walls of the stomach causing inflammation which could lead to ulcer if untreated could lead to cancer
- If you do not exercise regularly.. Exercise aids in food digestion and absorption of nutrients in the body..if digestion is not effected constipation becomes routine especially in the elderly people the ” rotten” food produce toxins which puts one at a risk
IMMEDIATELY SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THESE;
- Bloated stomach and constant constipation
- Epigastric pain or ulcers.
- Nausea or vomiting blood
- Blood in stool or black tarry stool.. Could indicate internal bleeding
- In explained stomach pains
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO AVOID TREADING IN THE PATHS OF SARCOMA
- Drink two litres of water every day to help the body flush out toxins
- Exercise regularly. .this helps in food digestion and absorption of nutrients while as flushing out toxins through sweating.
- Avoid too much spicy, junk and processed foods.. Go for natural foods and fruits
- Eat 5 servings daily of different fruits.. They naturally remove toxins from the body while providing us with essential nutrients.
- Avoid tobacco and excess consumption of alcohol
- Regularly go for medical check ups and treat diseases as they occur and especially H. Pylori responsible for causing stomach cancer
FOOD FOR THOUGHT..Familiarise and try to strike a balance in the five aspects of life that is ; mental health, spiritual health, social health, emotional health and financial health..