For the establishment of our local offices in different counties, we are currently looking for Young Ambitious Social Media & Content Marketing Managers, who will be responsible for content production and social publishing for the Kenyan market and based in the respective counties.
We’re not looking for a traditional video producer or copywriter who just so happens to know how to publish on social, we’re looking for a person who understands contemporary culture and how social platforms are now an integral part of our everyday lives.
The successful candidate will demonstrate generalist marketing capabilities with a strong focus on content production, influencer marketing and deep knowledge of the Kenyan social media landscape. The successful candidate will have expertise in leading the development and production of stand-out, resonant content that is shared across key social platforms, a passion for creativity, and a keen sense of humor.
- Work closely with the Head of Content, Writers and the whole Kenyan team to help define and co-create digital content strategies
- Find and brainstorm relevant topics around the future of work based on data insights
- Maintain and coordinate the respective regional social content calendar
- Conceptualize, produce and edit entertaining and informative, blog posts, copy and campaign content that works across channels
- Adapt our brand’s national tone of voice to the Kenyan market
- Manage our local social media channels and engage with our community
- Handle influencer and content production and stay in close contact with the established network
- Identify and capitalize on trends and cultural moments
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, journalism or related field
- Proven track record in content production and social media publishing
- Outstanding communication skills and fluent in English and Swahili.
- Cultural and creative curiosity and a knack for spotting trends and interpreting their relevance for our brand
- Proven experience on Kenyan social platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest), social publishing and listening tools, paid social budgeting and buying a plus
- Confidence to communicate your ideas to a team and sell them
- Passion for design and working with online communities. Experience using the platform is a huge plus
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Key role in shaping the Ambitious brand in the Kenyan market
- Competitive and commissioned salary and remuneration.
- National, friendly and highly engaged colleagues in offices in some of the coolest cities in the Kenya- Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Kisumu, Meru, Eldoret among other major towns.
- Flat hierarchies, transparent communication and open mindsets
At Ambitious Kenya, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and embed it into every aspect of our workplace, from our community to our product. Ambitious Kenya is proud and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.